POWER and Plan
“Your results are only as good as your plan.”
By : Ivette Mayo
Do you feel lost, lack focus and power, or have a sense that something is missing in your life? Maybe you want to make a bigger difference in the world, but you aren’t sure how? So many of us walk through life, feeling anxious for a deeper connection, but aren’t sure how to get there. I was once told that “The two greatest days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out what your purpose is”. But how do you know? For way too long, I suffered through immense confusion while trying hard to figure out my purpose. I was in a job I tolerated, working in an organization under a stifling culture of dysfunction. I prayed every day for the opportunity to do more and to do something that had a greater meaning to me.
What I wanted
I wanted to live a life with an infectious passion and an unyielding connection to my work. It seemed like an eternity that I struggled daily to figure out my purpose, but it wasn’t until I took a step back and realized that my purpose isn’t something that I would figure out in my head. “I thought to myself, “Maybe the problem isn’t that I don’t know what my purpose is; maybe it is the way I was trying to find my purpose?” I needed a PLAN!
We can’t think our way into our life’s purpose and power; we have to do our way into it. This means taking steps towards what you want, and removing those things in our lives that do not serve us. I left my successful corporate job on a mission to find my special kind of happy and it came by taking one step at a time and the creation of a PLAN.
I want 2018 to be a success for you—a POWERFUL success—and we know that means you need to have a plan. You are saying to yourself “I have a plan.” My question is “Are you methodically working that plan?” The combination of data, materials, your open attitude toward learning and your diligence to follow a plan that is right for you will make this year the kind of success we know you want. So let me challenge you to be no less sincere, no less committed to the advancement of your philosophy, purpose and your PLAN.
Five Planning Tips
Here are the five tips to keep in mind while working a plan that will take you to the finish line powerfully:
- Develop the right plan for you. Some people are very detail-oriented and are able to closely follow an intricate plan. Others are less detail-orientated, which is OK, too. So which plan is the right plan? The plan that fits you. Each of us is unique and motivated by different factors and you’ve got to develop a plan that is right for you and fits you. Whatever your personality, your strengths and your weaknesses, develop the plan around them. Remember, what gets written gets done!
- It Takes ACTION – Lots of ACTION You can’t think your way into finding your life purpose; you have to do your way into it. Take a mental note from Nike and Just Do It. The more we act, the more we get clear on things. So instead of overthinking it —start taking steps toward your goals and start trying new things. This will help you get out of your own way. I struggled for years trying to find out what my purpose was. This cycle only created a deeper lack of clarity. It wasn’t until I started doing that things changed for me. The experience is the reward; clarity comes through the process of exploring. Action is where you get results.
- Establish times to spend on it. It might be every Sunday night or Monday morning. Consider 30 minutes in the morning or at lunch or before bed. Maybe it can be while you are in the car listening to your CDs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Whatever it is, set the times and do it. In your step-by-step plan, put down points that you can accomplish every week. They should be specific and achievable. Develop the discipline and take those steps every day, which will move you, closer to your goals.
- Let It Drop From Your Head to Your Heart Your heart is your best tool to access your true purpose and passion. Ask yourself what you love? Start taking steps to do what you love. When you are inspired and connected to your happy self, inspiration floods your heart and soul. When you lead from your heart, you are naturally more joyful and motivated to explore. By doing what you love, you will pursue and gain insights into what brings you the most joy.
- Break Up with The “ONE” Many of us struggle because we try to find that ONE thing that we are meant to do; but trying to find only one thing is the reason why we feel like something is missing. The notion that we have only one thing we are meant for limits us from fulfilling our greatness. Take me for example; I have five different job titles. I’m a coach, author, speaker, teacher, mentor, designer, and each thing I do brings me joy, but none of these are my purpose, they are my passions. So start getting in touch with your passions! When you lead a passionate life you are living your life on purpose.
Let go of thinking there is only one purpose for you and embrace the idea that our purpose in life is to love life fully by putting ourselves into our life! This means we jump in and try new things; we stop resisting the unknown and we fully engage in what is happening right here, where we are. To lead a purposeful life, follow your passions. When we live a passion-filled life we are living on purpose, and that is POWERFUL!
Remember this simple equation:
Passion + Daily Action = POWER
Ivette Mayo is an award winning entrepreneur, business strategist, leadership expert and author. You can purchase your copy of “A 30 Day Guide to your POWER” – Powerful Outcomes through Powerful Results” on Amazon Ivette’s passion is to encourage, empower and support her clients to be POWERFUL in their unique way! She is the founder of POWER On Heels Network. Plug into the POWER – Follow Ivette Mayo on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Visit her website www.ivettemayo.com
Creating POWERFUL and IMPACTFUL Results