Change is Terrifying & Essential!
Change can be hard. A several years back, I was wrestling with whether or not to accept an exciting offer and start a new. I was thrilled, but the idea of leaving my comfy job for something new was kind of terrifying. After spending way too much time agonizing over my decision, I ended up taking the new job and loving every moment I spent doing it for the next 4 years. Long story short, that choice led to an entirely new career and ignited the passion for what I do today. At that moment, the decision was tough. It would disrupt what had become easy and comfortable. I would have to learn a whole new industry. This pivot in my career would bring about a lot of change. It was terrifying, but now I know it was necessary.
Even when we resist, I’ll be the first person to tell you that in addition to being a constant part of life. One thing I am certain of right now, change can also be incredibly exciting. Endings can be scary, but they open the door to new beginnings and fresh starts, which offer us opportunities to grow, test, and challenge ourselves, too. And ultimately, they usually lead to somewhere pretty great — sometimes even to our purpose or dreams.
As you continue to get to the other side of whatever transition you’re currently pivoting to or decision, I am going to share a collection of inspiring quotes about change. These quotes and sayings all inspired me at some point along my journey, and I hope they will inspire you, too!
10 inspirational quotes that will help you deal with the CHANGE ahead.
- “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” — Mandy Hale
- “One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.” — Jim Rohn
- “It’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.” — Hugh Laurie
- “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” — Robin Sharma
- “The three Cs in life: choice, chance, change. You must make the choice to take the chance if you want anything in life to change.” — Unknown
- “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” — Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams and take risks. Life is happening now.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.” — Nido Qubein
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — Anonymous, but often attributed to C.S. Lewis
Change allows you to learn new things that you normally wouldn’t have learned with old behaviors, ideas and processes. Even if the change involves failure, oftentimes you learn more from failure than success. Learning doesn’t just stop at school. It’s a lifelong process. The more we seek out change and new experiences, the more opportunities are presented to us. Change can force you to look at things in a new light. It can allow you to gain new insights, develop new ideas, new skills, viewpoints, and information. Most importantly, you can also learn and discover new things about yourself.
Ivette Mayo , is always prepare to teach, share a message , encourage you and help to ignite your passion to continue to be driven to succeed and achieve your most powerful outcomes – as you desire! This Latina Keynote Speaker, Award Winning Entrepreneur, International Author, Business Mentor, Culture Promoter, and Performance Expert is ready to help you achieve Powerful & Impactful Results. For more information about Ivette or book her for your next event send an email to [email protected].
Your POWER – Your Brand
By: Ivette Mayo
Your POWER in the marketplace comes from your brand. A powerful brand goes way beyond just a logo or graphic element. Your brand represents your commitment to the marketplace, to your clients and what they can expect from you. That is POWER! It is critical that your brand be present at all your customer touch points such as your website, your social media, and even the way your staff answers the phone. In a corporate setting, your work will represent you even if you are not in the room. Your brand is the way you are viewed and valued.
What does your brand needs to do?
Your brand promotes recognition.
People tend to do business with companies they are familiar with. If your branding is consistent and easy to recognize, it can help people feel more at ease to do business with you.
Your brand helps set you apart from the competition.
It is critical to stand apart from the crowd. This is how loyalty is built.
Your brand tells people about your business DNA.
Your brand tells the marketplace about the kind of company/professional that you are consistently.
Your brand provides motivation and direction for people.
A clear brand strategy provides the clarity that your staff needs to be successful. It tells them how to act, how to win, and how to meet the organization’s goals, and it allows people to have confidence in you.
Your brand generates referrals.
People love to tell others about the brands they like. People wear brands, eat brands, listen to brands, and they’re constantly telling others about the brands they love.
Your brand helps people know what to expect.
A brand that is consistent and clear puts the people at ease, because they know exactly what to expect each and every time they experience your brand.
Your brand represents you and your promise to your customer.
It is important to remember that your brand represents you. You are the brand is your promise to the marketplace. It is taught to your staff, it is always present on all your materials. It is in the quality of your work. It is everywhere.
Your brand helps you create clarity and stay focused.
A clear brand strategy helps you stay focused on your mission and vision as an organization. Your brand can help you be tactical and will guide your marketing efforts by saving time and money.
Your brand helps you connect with others emotionally.
Having a strong powerful brand helps people feel good when engaging with you, your team, or your product. This is what creates brand loyalty.
Achieving a strong brand is possible. Remember a strong brand conveys the right message to your target audience in a meaningful way. It is your identity! Can I help you create your personal brand? Or possibly review your current brand? Reach out today – [email protected]
Ivette Mayo is an award winning entrepreneur, business strategist, leadership expert and author. Visit website www.ivettemayo.com Ivette is always ready to encourage, empower and support you to be POWERFUL. Follow Ivette Mayo on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Visit www.yosoyiam.com for more information.
POWER and Plan
“Your results are only as good as your plan.”
By : Ivette Mayo
Do you feel lost, lack focus and power, or have a sense that something is missing in your life? Maybe you want to make a bigger difference in the world, but you aren’t sure how? So many of us walk through life, feeling anxious for a deeper connection, but aren’t sure how to get there. I was once told that “The two greatest days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out what your purpose is”. But how do you know? For way too long, I suffered through immense confusion while trying hard to figure out my purpose. I was in a job I tolerated, working in an organization under a stifling culture of dysfunction. I prayed every day for the opportunity to do more and to do something that had a greater meaning to me.
What I wanted
I wanted to live a life with an infectious passion and an unyielding connection to my work. It seemed like an eternity that I struggled daily to figure out my purpose, but it wasn’t until I took a step back and realized that my purpose isn’t something that I would figure out in my head. “I thought to myself, “Maybe the problem isn’t that I don’t know what my purpose is; maybe it is the way I was trying to find my purpose?” I needed a PLAN!
We can’t think our way into our life’s purpose and power; we have to do our way into it. This means taking steps towards what you want, and removing those things in our lives that do not serve us. I left my successful corporate job on a mission to find my special kind of happy and it came by taking one step at a time and the creation of a PLAN.
I want 2018 to be a success for you—a POWERFUL success—and we know that means you need to have a plan. You are saying to yourself “I have a plan.” My question is “Are you methodically working that plan?” The combination of data, materials, your open attitude toward learning and your diligence to follow a plan that is right for you will make this year the kind of success we know you want. So let me challenge you to be no less sincere, no less committed to the advancement of your philosophy, purpose and your PLAN.
Five Planning Tips
Here are the five tips to keep in mind while working a plan that will take you to the finish line powerfully:
- Develop the right plan for you. Some people are very detail-oriented and are able to closely follow an intricate plan. Others are less detail-orientated, which is OK, too. So which plan is the right plan? The plan that fits you. Each of us is unique and motivated by different factors and you’ve got to develop a plan that is right for you and fits you. Whatever your personality, your strengths and your weaknesses, develop the plan around them. Remember, what gets written gets done!
- It Takes ACTION – Lots of ACTION You can’t think your way into finding your life purpose; you have to do your way into it. Take a mental note from Nike and Just Do It. The more we act, the more we get clear on things. So instead of overthinking it —start taking steps toward your goals and start trying new things. This will help you get out of your own way. I struggled for years trying to find out what my purpose was. This cycle only created a deeper lack of clarity. It wasn’t until I started doing that things changed for me. The experience is the reward; clarity comes through the process of exploring. Action is where you get results.
- Establish times to spend on it. It might be every Sunday night or Monday morning. Consider 30 minutes in the morning or at lunch or before bed. Maybe it can be while you are in the car listening to your CDs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Whatever it is, set the times and do it. In your step-by-step plan, put down points that you can accomplish every week. They should be specific and achievable. Develop the discipline and take those steps every day, which will move you, closer to your goals.
- Let It Drop From Your Head to Your Heart Your heart is your best tool to access your true purpose and passion. Ask yourself what you love? Start taking steps to do what you love. When you are inspired and connected to your happy self, inspiration floods your heart and soul. When you lead from your heart, you are naturally more joyful and motivated to explore. By doing what you love, you will pursue and gain insights into what brings you the most joy.
- Break Up with The “ONE” Many of us struggle because we try to find that ONE thing that we are meant to do; but trying to find only one thing is the reason why we feel like something is missing. The notion that we have only one thing we are meant for limits us from fulfilling our greatness. Take me for example; I have five different job titles. I’m a coach, author, speaker, teacher, mentor, designer, and each thing I do brings me joy, but none of these are my purpose, they are my passions. So start getting in touch with your passions! When you lead a passionate life you are living your life on purpose.
Let go of thinking there is only one purpose for you and embrace the idea that our purpose in life is to love life fully by putting ourselves into our life! This means we jump in and try new things; we stop resisting the unknown and we fully engage in what is happening right here, where we are. To lead a purposeful life, follow your passions. When we live a passion-filled life we are living on purpose, and that is POWERFUL!
Remember this simple equation:
Passion + Daily Action = POWER
Ivette Mayo is an award winning entrepreneur, business strategist, leadership expert and author. You can purchase your copy of “A 30 Day Guide to your POWER” – Powerful Outcomes through Powerful Results” on Amazon Ivette’s passion is to encourage, empower and support her clients to be POWERFUL in their unique way! She is the founder of POWER On Heels Network. Plug into the POWER – Follow Ivette Mayo on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Visit her website www.ivettemayo.com
Creating POWERFUL and IMPACTFUL Results
By Ivette Mayo – Your POWER Advocate
Here in southeast Texas, we experienced the fury of Hurricane Harvey when it made landfall August 25, 2017. Resulting in what’s possibly is the worst disaster Texas has ever experienced. They say the recovery will take years. Everyone in Harvey’s path felt the impact instantly in their homes, communities and at work. Small-business owners will face many challenges in rebuilding. Taking the right immediate POWER steps post any disaster can make all the difference. About a quarter of small businesses will not reopen following a major disaster, according to the Institute for Business and Home Safety. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said this rate could be as high as 40 percent. Entrepreneurs often overlook preparation for these rare events and focus instead on more pressing daily details, but taking POWER steps to prepare for the unthinkable can be the difference between surviving and failing. Here are POWER steps to consider now as you gear up to recoup or minimize losses to start your recovery process.
Check out SBA site
This is an immediate POWER step that connects you to valuable resources. The Small Business Administration will release a list of local resource partners who can help business owners. The resources will be available here, along with information regarding the SBA disaster loan program.
Call your insurance agent
Contact your insurance agent as soon as you can. The Insurance Information Institute has a step-by-step guide to help you prepare for the claims process and the adjuster’s visit. Have your policy number handy when you call. It’s crucial you file an insurance claim to document that a disaster occurred.
Organize your records
Gather and organize your business records, which will be helpful when dealing with your insurance agent or applying for disaster relief funding. If your records were destroyed, there are ways to reconstruct them.
- Collecting Invoices dating back at least a year
- Bank statements that can be used to track deposits and determine sales revenue
- Last year’s federal and state tax returns
- Purchase agreement, if you purchased your business from a broker
- Business contracts
Research recovery financing
The SBA’s disaster loan program provides low-interest loans to businesses of all sizes, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters. As a business, you may apply for up to $2 million in assistance, which will be made up of a business physical disaster loan that covers real estate, inventories, supplies, machinery and equipment, an economic injury disaster loan to cover working capital needs, or a combination. The SBA tries to make a decision on each application within two to three weeks. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, so submit yours as soon as you can.
Watch out for scams
Ask for identification and do your due diligence before working with contractors, business financial lenders or anyone offering assistance. Companies issue employees official photo IDs. Remember, there are not fees/charges associated for any services provided through any disaster assistance program.
Reach out to current customer list
Even through you have been impacted by the disaster, don’t assume your customers have been as well. Reaching out serves three purposes, one it gives you the chance to confirm your customer’s situation. Secondly, it gives you a chance to determine if you can continue to provide your products/services at the same level. And thirdly, this will gives you the chance to identify if you can offer additional value by increasing your service levels. A short email stating you are ready to serve can minimize losses.
Use Social Media to communicate
The POWER of Social Media continues to prove its strength. Reach out to your network as soon as possible to share that you are open and ready to serve makes sense. By canvassing your network, you continue to build a sense of community and it stabilizes your framework for the future. Through social media you continue to engage and build value. Remember social media increasingly play a pivotal role in disaster response, recovery and engagement.
The next disaster
Be it a natural disaster like a tornado or hurricane, equipment failure or even the death or illness of a key business owner or employee, it’s smart to be prepared for the worst.
Here are three POWER steps to prepare your small business for another disaster, an emergency situation or a major slowdown.
- Create an emergency fund – An emergency fund is money you’ve socked away to handle the unexpected. Instead of having to take drastic measures, such as laying off employees or paying vendors late, you can tap into these funds and replenish them when business gets back to normal. Aim to stash away at least 6 to 12 months of expenses.
- Open a business line of credit – Of course, not every small business — especially startups with limited operating histories — will be able to stash away 6 to 12 months of expenses. For additional access to capital, a business line of credit could come in handy while you build up your cash reserves.
- Make sure you’re properly insured – Small businesses can be protected from losses by the right types and amounts of insurance coverage, which can vary according to the type and size of each business. For example, if you own a building and equipment, you’re more likely to benefit from property insurance than would a business that’s run from a home office. Remember, there should be enough in coverage to replace the property owned by the business and cover the operating expenses of your business in the event you become disabled, plus cover the value of your ownership in the company.
“Not only does your business need to be able to survive a disastrous storm, but you need to have a strategy for when you are rebuilding your business!”
Creating POWERFUL and IMPACTFUL Results!
Ivette Mayo is the President of Yo Soy I AM, LLC, an award winning entrepreneur, business strategist, leadership expert and author. Visit her website www.ivettemayo.com Ivette is always ready to encourage, empower and support you to be POWERFUL in all that you do! Follow Ivette Mayo on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
To schedule your one-on-one session with Ivette, simply send an email to [email protected]
Collaboration takes place when two individuals or a group of people work together towards achieving a common goal by sharing their ideas, resources, and skills. With increasing competition in the marketplace, it has become extremely important to encourage entrepreneurs to be open to collaborate in order to improve productivity and results.
Here are important aspects that collaboration brings to the table:
- Brainstorming – Collaboration allows people to come together on a common platform and work towards the achievement of a common goal by offering various perspectives to provide solutions.
- Providing Value – Working towards the same goal inspires people with a strong sense of shared purpose. When everyone sees value in working together as the common goal gives them a meaningful reason to work together and to gain mutual benefits for everyone involved.
- Equal Involvement- Collaboration provides every person with equal opportunities to participate and communicate their ideas and gain success.
Great things happen when collaboration takes place:
It Promotes Self-Analysis
Collaboration challenges people to think, articulate and receive clarity about their competencies. It serves as a mirror that gives them a glimpse of their strengths and weaknesses. Remember, two heads are always better than one.
It Results in Problem Solving
When a variety of knowledge and skills are pooled, it creates a talent pool that is vast and more competent, able and experienced.
It Makes You Look at the Bigger Picture
No two people are the same, and when you have several people from different backgrounds working for you, you will need to know how to leverage those differences and identify how they can complement each other.
Essentially, you learn new things from each other.
It Allows for Cross Promotion
Cross promoting each other business, website or your social media platforms is a great way to grow everyone’s audiences.
“You know when you have achieved success, because you realized what you
wanted and brought someone with you.” – Ivette Mayo
Ivette Mayo is an award winning entrepreneur, business strategist, leadership expert, speaker and author. Visit website www.ivettemayo.com Ivette is always ready to encourage, empower and support you to be POWERFULLY SUCCESSFUL. Follow Ivette Mayo on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
By Ivette Mayo
The time has come to become UNSTUCK. There are no more excuses. No longer do you need to delay the things you need achieve. Whether it’s in your business, work, love, spiritual growth, or any other aspect of your life— being stuck is frustrating. You are stationary, yet the world around you is moving and progressing. Being stuck is no fun and has the potential to derail you indefinitely. Knowing this, why aren’t you doing everything in your POWER to remove yourself from this nonproductive state? I know what is holding you back, you don’t know how!
A good place to start is to figure out what kind of state of “stuck” you are in. It’s important to get clear on why you are distracted? Identify what emotions are moving you further away from your goals? What is really keeping you from making real progress? What turns great opportunities in a big mass of uncompleted tasks? The time to shift your thinking and move yourself to ignite the proverbial fire is at hand.
Try these 5 simple steps to help you make the leap.
- Ask for HELP!
People often feel that they need to do everything alone. But no one ever does everything alone. Oprah didn’t build her network alone and Bill Gates didn’t build his empire alone. It’s important to remember to seek support when you need it. Create an exchange with a friend, mentor or hire a coach who has some expertise in the area where you are being challenged. Connect the dots and share your challenge with them. Ask for help. Seek clarity!
- See the Challenge as an Opportunity
When you focus on what’s wrong, you are likely to continue more of the same negative thinking. Look for what you can find that is right about the situation. Does it open you up to a new network of people? Will you be able to acquire new resources or obtain a hidden lesson? When you begin to see “a gain” in the situation — you will progress. You will begin to see with the eyes an opportunity, which will allow you to see a way around obstacles. Changing your filters!
- Modification of Your Daily Unchanging Routine
As creatures of habit, there’s a tendency to run on autopilot. Stop the insanity – doing something over and over again and expecting a different outcome. If you find yourself stuck, try mixing up your existence. Break up daily activities by adding new one. Go for a walk outdoors instead of hitting the gym for a high-impact cardio workout. Sign up for a seminar. Pick up a new audiobook and listen to it while you drive home instead of listening to news. Meditate twice a day for 30 minutes instead of once a day for 10 minutes. By switching things up a bit, allows you to access different parts of your brain, which can increase your awareness and intensifies creativity.
- Be Honest With Yourself
Many people sabotage their own process, consciously or unconsciously, as a result of deep-seated fears, negative thoughts and limiting beliefs. Whenever you aren’t able to achieve your goals it’s because there’s a discrepancy between what you say you want and what you’re actually experiencing. Be honest with yourself about what it is you’re trying to accomplish and ask yourself if it’s really what you want. You will be surprised with you results. There is a real connection between what you think, say, believe and outcomes. Change you words – Change your results!
- Take Action Every Day
The choices you make every moment of every day truly do matter. When you choose to take positive progressive steps to do little things every day that are in the direction you want to go, you make progress even when essentially you don’t see any immediate gain. It is in those small things, the ones that seem so insignificant, that become compounded over time, and before you know it, you have achieved your goals. Choose small steps!
Creating POWERFUL and IMPACTFUL Results is what I desire for you.
Check out “A 30 Day Guide to your POWER” – Powerful Outcomes through Powerful Results” on GOW Media http://gowmediapublishing.com/products/a-30-day-guide-to-your-power
Ivette Mayo is an award winning entrepreneur, business strategist, leadership expert and author. Visit her website www.ivettemayo.com Ivette is always ready to encourage, empower and support women to be POWERFUL. Follow Ivette Mayo on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.