Change is Terrifying & Essential!
Change can be hard. A several years back, I was wrestling with whether or not to accept an exciting offer and start a new. I was thrilled, but the idea of leaving my comfy job for something new was kind of terrifying. After spending way too much time agonizing over my decision, I ended up taking the new job and loving every moment I spent doing it for the next 4 years. Long story short, that choice led to an entirely new career and ignited the passion for what I do today. At that moment, the decision was tough. It would disrupt what had become easy and comfortable. I would have to learn a whole new industry. This pivot in my career would bring about a lot of change. It was terrifying, but now I know it was necessary.
Even when we resist, I’ll be the first person to tell you that in addition to being a constant part of life. One thing I am certain of right now, change can also be incredibly exciting. Endings can be scary, but they open the door to new beginnings and fresh starts, which offer us opportunities to grow, test, and challenge ourselves, too. And ultimately, they usually lead to somewhere pretty great — sometimes even to our purpose or dreams.
As you continue to get to the other side of whatever transition you’re currently pivoting to or decision, I am going to share a collection of inspiring quotes about change. These quotes and sayings all inspired me at some point along my journey, and I hope they will inspire you, too!
10 inspirational quotes that will help you deal with the CHANGE ahead.
- “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” — Mandy Hale
- “One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.” — Jim Rohn
- “It’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.” — Hugh Laurie
- “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” — Robin Sharma
- “The three Cs in life: choice, chance, change. You must make the choice to take the chance if you want anything in life to change.” — Unknown
- “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” — Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams and take risks. Life is happening now.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.” — Nido Qubein
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — Anonymous, but often attributed to C.S. Lewis
Change allows you to learn new things that you normally wouldn’t have learned with old behaviors, ideas and processes. Even if the change involves failure, oftentimes you learn more from failure than success. Learning doesn’t just stop at school. It’s a lifelong process. The more we seek out change and new experiences, the more opportunities are presented to us. Change can force you to look at things in a new light. It can allow you to gain new insights, develop new ideas, new skills, viewpoints, and information. Most importantly, you can also learn and discover new things about yourself.
Ivette Mayo , is always prepare to teach, share a message , encourage you and help to ignite your passion to continue to be driven to succeed and achieve your most powerful outcomes – as you desire! This Latina Keynote Speaker, Award Winning Entrepreneur, International Author, Business Mentor, Culture Promoter, and Performance Expert is ready to help you achieve Powerful & Impactful Results. For more information about Ivette or book her for your next event send an email to [email protected].